Why is Surge Guard protection needed?
RVs today have highly sophisticated electronic circuitry with an array of expensive appliances. The largest threats to a RV’s electrical system and appliances are surges and the power pedestal, either miswired or faulty electrical power. Surges and faulty power can result in significant damage to these appliances. TRC engineers designed the Surge Guard models specifically for RV power applications and are field-proven in all kinds of rough applications. TRC manufactures a complete line of Surge Guard products that offer bumper to bumper protection for all RVs.
Don’t let faulty power ruin your RV, protect your investment! There are a lot of people on RVForum.net that have trouble with hook ups and faulty electricity even from work done by a licensed electrician. Some of them have a lot of damage and broken appliances. This can get expensive really quick. Sometimes a while after an error occurred so better protect your RV with a good surge protector.
50A Hardwire – Model 34560
120/240V, 50A – 3850 Joules!
Now with optional Remote Power Monitor LCD Display!
This 50 amp Surge Guard product monitors shore power continuously and shuts off when it detects excessive voltage or open neutral conditions that could damage electronic equipment in your coach. Like its 30 amp partner, the 50 amp hardwire unit is permanently installed within the bay of your coach, preventing potential theft and damage from the elements. Optional Remote LCD Display conveniently and remotely monitors RV electrical power. Additional model 34560 features include:
- Automatic reset on power restoration.
- Multi-mode surge suppression
- Automatically shuts off the power when the following is present:
- Open neutral
- Low (<102V) and High (>132V) Voltage
- Reverse polarity
- Caution indicator light indicates:
- Miswired pedestal
- Reverse polarity
- Elevated ground voltage
- 128 second reset delay protects A/C compressor.
- 3850 Joules of power surge protection.
- Easy installation
- Optional Remote Power Monitor LCD Display, p/n 40298, (sold separately)
- Plugs into remote port on Surge Guard model 34560-004 (see above)
- Not compatible with previous models that do not have a telecom jack.
- 16 Detailed Fault Screens
- Joystick for easy screen navigation
- Plug and Play (cable included)